Education
You probably think that education is what you learn in school, but you’re wrong. Education is the learning process of any events that one had experienced. It doesn’t matter what you have learned, what counts is that you learned, even the smallest learning experience like, learning how to ride your bike. We learn many things because of help from parents, friends, and teacher. But somtmes we learn things because it so just happens or we wanted it. Whenever theres others who pushes us, the outcome will be either inspiration or too much pressure that crosses our line.
Education is learned not only inside a school but any where and even a prison. In the essay, How I Discovered Words: A Homemade Education by Malcolm X and Alex Hall, show us that we all are capable of learning, not because of our environment but because of our self motivation. Even though Malcolm X was a prisoner he was able to learn to write by himself, all because he had a passion to learn. Who knew that a little dictionary helped him to where he is now. Two Ways of Seeing the river by Mark Twain explains that there is alway more to anything if you just look twice. This is like the saying "don't judge a book by its cover." Many of us, inlcuding myself admit I do this sometimes. But the most important is that we learn from this saying. Everything, anyone, any place can different if you take time to look at it. Or even if you saw what was there at first, but it can always change. There will always something new to learn because the world is always changing, which is also a good thing because were learning.
In the movie, The Dead Poet Society, the students experienced their education not by sitting in class but going out and exploring. Mr. Keating was the one to show these students that learning can be educational and fun. His teaching methods infuse enjoyable activities with the school materials. The students learn better if they have something that intest them.By letting the student learns freely they can be less stress and can be able to study harder because they enjoy it. Parents and teachers are a big influence to students’ education. His method disturbed many of his colleagues but inspired his students. The headmaster very dislike Mr. Keating teaching methods. He wanted the education taught very traditionally and the discipline too. Some of this tactics are to much. In the movie, the head master used a staff to hit one of the student. I didn't think that was very necessary or it was what the student needed. Friends, teachers, and parents are big influence to students lives. Students always gets pressure by these three influences. When one get push too far you'll never know how far it'll go. For example Neil’s parent, their pressure pushes him too far that it led to his suicide. Parents as we all know are the first teacher and then school teachers, but you should consider yourself as the most important one.
When I was only eleven years old my family decided to move to Minnesota. My first day of school was the scariest day of my life. I felt like I was an alien when I enter the building. Like
that was bad enough, my family moved again. Because of this, I had a hard time fitting in with the students. I became very shy around people. Even though this experience was traumatizing, I was glad I went through it. I was able to learn to get adjusts to being the new kid.
Schools are great place to get a good education, but you only get your basic. Getting out there in the real world is where the real hard education will be. Just remember don’t be afraid of mistakes. We all make mistake and the purpose of mistake is to learn from them. Parents and teacher will assist and help you but you are your own teacher, so don’t let anyone pressure you to do what they want. Become your own teacher and start learning.