Tuesday, April 1, 2008

pg. 96-Critical Thinking ?'s

#1. The resume has important brief bullet information on the applicant. The cover letter is just like a letter writing to the director explaining why the applicant is suited for the job.
#2. The resume is divided into five parts. The five parts is the objective, education, activities & skills, work experiences and references. The cover letter is pretty much like a letter. The cover letter was divided into three parts. The first part was the introduction why the applicant is writing the letter. The second part was explanation of the applicant education background. And lastly the third part was his explanation of his worked experiences.
#3. I think that what Thomas stated in the objective was a good one. It showed that he wanted the job because of the opportunity of experiences. I think that the role of the objective was to show what the applicant real interest for applying the job.
#4. If I was a director of the day camp I would invite Thomas in for an interview. The reason why I would invite Thomas for an interview is because of his experiences. Thomas has worked with children before, and is expecting certification in lifesaving and CPR.